Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Events of October Response

As I stated before in class I spent the majority of my time reading this book while I was taking a trip out of the state, and found it so surreal that I was reading a book written by an author who was once my professor about events that have happened on my campus years ago. For one thing, I thought that Gail's descriptions of K's campus (even as she was writing from the perspective of the late 90s early 2000s time period) were so obviously spot on. That said, this book was insanely difficult to read because of its subject matter. While I have heard of the events of the murder-suicide on campus, I never got all the details from one source. Like we talked about in class, I was always reminded that Gail knew more about the murder-suicide than anybody else. I was really impressed by her reporting and interviewing of so many sources.


No comments:

Post a Comment